“I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it.” - Rosalia de Castro. I'm a 28 year old Peace Corps Volunteer in Zambia working with rural fish farmers.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Flying High

So my father's here and we had an amazing time in Victoria Falls. It sure is one of the seven natural wonders of the world.

The photo on the left was taken directly above the falls from our helicopter. Below is me and my dad having a great time on our short ride (15 min.) It was a once in a lifetime ride though.


Yesterday we finally got my dad's bags from the airport. Only took five days but they both arrived with all the contents. I was a bit worried. Today we are heading up to Chipata to see my village. We got lucky and are getting a ride from PC in the landcruiser. Public transport is horrible. Funny thing, we were walking in all parts of the airport last night that you would never be able to do in the states. I guess security is not that big of an issue here. I had my swiss army knife in my bag and they saw it and still let me through...oh well. So we'll be spending the next 5 days in the village and then heading up to South Luangwa park for a safari before my dad goes back to the states. We went on the booze cruise on the Zambezi and have been having a great time catching up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home